From the humble origins of a works side (Laidlaw Drew) the club has evolved and
developed into one of the leading clubs in Edinburgh and have played for several
years now in the Scottish National Cricket League.
Formed in 1957 The club was originally known as ‘Elldee Cricket Club’ and played
their matches at Sighthill under this banner until 1974. In that year Carricknowe
& Corstorphine CC who played at Union Park went defunct and the ‘Elldee’
team acquired a new ground and renamed themselves for the 1975 season as
Corstorphine Cricket Club.
We played our home matches at Union Park in Corstorphine until 2003, when we
moved to the ground at the Royal High School in Barnton..
We have now joined with the Royal High Sports Club, to become Royal High
Corstorphine, or RHC.
We are also one of the few clubs in Scotland to offer Womens and Girls cricket. It's still early stages for womens cricket in Scotland and we aim to be a leader in promoting and encouraging participation in the sport.